Picture of American flag.

Westbury Fire Department

Home | Contact Us | FAQ

 Join The WFD
Explorer's Post
Fire Call Stats
CO Detectors
Smoke Detectors
World Trade Center
Community Links
Fire Trucks
Parade Dates
History of WFD
Member's Only

 

Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Saves Lives

It's The Law In NY State... All Homes Now Require a Carbon Monoxide Detector

Did you know that Carbon Monoxide is called the "Silent Killer"?


* It is a odorless and colorless poisonous gas!
* Over 200 Americans Die Each Year!
* Thousands of Americans Go To The Hospital Every Year!

 

Know The Symptoms And Get Help Fast!
Many people with CO poisoning mistake the symptoms as a case of the flue. See your doctor!

 

Headache
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Nausea
Dizziness

 

What to Do & Not Do!

1) Install an UL Approved CO Detector.

2) Never burn  charcoal inside a home, vehicle, or tent

3) Never leave a car running in an attached garage, even with the garage door open.

4) Never service fuel-burning appliance without proper knowledge, skills, and instruments.

5) Never use a gas appliance such as a stove or oven to heat your home.

6) Check fireplaces, stoves, heating equipment, water heaters yearly.

7) Install an UL Approved CO Detector.


For more information regarding carbon monoxide
Visit the American Heart & Lung Website:   Click Here

 

Go To Top Of Page

Hit Counter

 

 

Copyright 2003 Westbury Fire Department